EASTERN SUBURBS CAMERA CLUB INCORPORATED CONSTITUTION
1. ESTABLISHMENT AND DESIGNATION a) The Club is established pursuant to the provisions of the "Associations Incorporation Act. 1955- 1965'. b) The name of the Club shall be “EASTERN SUBURBS CAMERA CLUB INCORPORATED" (hereinafter called "The Club"). c) The place of business and Registered Office of the Club shall be located within the Metropolitan City of Adelaide at an address to be determined from time to time by the Committee.
2. The objects of the Club are to provide opportunities for those interested in photography to meet regularly and by co-operation to foster interest in the hobby.
3. Members, Honorary Members and Honorary Life Members.
a) Ordinary Members: Any person over the age of 18 years who is nominated pursuant to Rule 5 and pays the membership fee prescribed by Rule 4 may become an Ordinary Member of the Club.
b) Associate Members: Any person who is over the age of 18 years who is nominated pursuant to Rule 5 and pays the membership fee prescribed by Rule 4 may become an Associate of the club. Such members shall have the rights and privileges of an Ordinary member except for their exclusion from all Club Competitions.
c) Junior Members: Any person who is over the age of 13 years and under the age of 18 years and who is nominated pursuant to Rule 5 and pays the membership fee prescribed in Rule 4 may become a Junior Member of the Club.
d) Honorary Members: Any person over the age of 18 years visiting the State or considered worthy of membership without payment of fees may be elected an Honorary member of the Club during their visit or during the pleasure of the Committee as the case may be.
e) Honorary Life Membership: Any person who has been a financial member of the club for at least 5 years immediately preceding election may become an Honorary Life Member in recognition of outstanding service to the club upon being recommended for election by the Committee of Management and being duly elected at an Annual or Special General Meeting of the Club. An Honorary Life Member shall have all the rights and privileges of an Ordinary member and shall not be required to pay any subscription.
4. The annual membership fee shall be fixed by the Committee and any variation shall be notified to members in the agenda for the Annual General Meeting. A junior member shall pay the same membership fee as an Associate Member.
5. Every new member shall be nominated by two financial members in writing on a nomination form approved by the Committee.
6. The financial year of the club shall commence on the 1st of January and conclude on 31st December, of each year.
7 The Annual General Meeting shall be held on the third Tuesday in January.
8. Only members who were financial as at the preceding 31st December shall be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
9. At the Annual General Meeting all officers shall be declared vacant and elections held for new office bearers. Where elections are necessary they shall be conducted by secret ballot.
10. a) The office-bearers of the Association shall comprise: a President, a Vice-President, the immediate Past President, an Honorary Secretary, an Honorary Treasurer, a Programme Organiser and four (4) others elected by and from the club members at the Annual General Meeting.
b) Such office-bearers shall form the Committee of Management (hereinafter called "The Committee"). The Committee shall function notwithstanding any vacancy therein and may fill the vacancy in which case the member elected shall hold office until the next election. The President shall not hold office for more than three years.
c) The Committee shall have the control and management of all affairs of the club with the power to accept, refuse or terminate membership without assigning any reason therefor. d) A Patron may be elected by the Annual General Meeting for a term to be decided by the members. The Patron shall not be a member of the Committee.
11. A quorum shall comprise two fifths of the financial members for an Annual or Special General Meeting and five members for a Committee meeting.
12. The club shall always affiliate with the duly appointed controlling body in the State provided always that this requirement is sanctioned by the Committee.
13. Insurance cover shall be arranged for Public Risk. All Risks and Employers Indemnity. The current policies shall be available for viewing at the Annual General Meeting.
14. A Committee meeting shall, if practical, be held on the last Tuesday in every month or in case of urgency whenever called for by the President or in their absence, the Vice President.
15. A syllabus of club activities for the ensuing year shall be drawn up and distributed to all financial members at the meeting immediately following the Annual General Meeting.
16. Levies for the payment of models or other incidental expenses may be imposed at the discretion of the Committee but no such levy shall exceed one-tenth of the current membership fee fixed pursuant to Rule 4 without the consent of the majority of members at a General Meeting.
17. The club shall open an account with a recognised financial institution approved by the Committee. All moneys belonging to the club shall be banked therein without delay. All payments from the bank account shall be by cheque signed by any two of the signing officers who shall be the President, Vice President, Honorary Secretary or Honorary Treasurer. The Honorary Treasurer shall issue a receipt for all moneys received and keep a duplicate thereof. A financial statement made up to the end of December shall be prepared annually, audited by the club's Auditor and presented at the Annual General Meeting. The Honorary Treasurer may be required to present a financial statement for the information of the Committee at any meeting
18. The Auditor who shall not be a member of the Committee shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting which shall also fix their remuneration (if any). 19. (1.) If the club acquires any property other than money in the bank the Committee may appoint from amongst its members a sub-Committee of three or more of them for any purpose delegated to it by the Committee with or without power to act on behalf of the Association. (2.) Notwithstanding the provisions of Rule 17 the sub-Committee may open a Savings Account with a recognised financial institution approved by the Committee for the purpose of accruing and disbursing income from fixed investments held in their name or in the name of the Club or such sub-Committee pursuant sub rule (1) of this rule. 20. Status and Liability of Members: No member of the club shall by virtue of their membership have or be deemed lo have any estate or interest in the property, funds or assets of the club other than the right to use such property in the exercise of their privileges as a member. Likewise no member body or person shall be personally liable for any act or omission on the part of the club or its officers, servants or contractors Members of the club including the Committee shall be indemnified from the funds of the club against the damages in, verdicts in and cost of any legal proceedings that may be instituted against them or any of them in the exercise of their office or the performance of their duties by reason of membership howsoever arising. 21. SEALHOLDERS: The sealholders shall be the President, Secretary and Treasurer with the power for any two to fix the Seal whenever the same shall be necessary in pursuance of a resolution of the Committee.
22. THE SEAL: The Secretary for the time being shall have custody of the Common Seal of the Club.
23. PUBLIC OFFICERS: The person appointed Public Officer for the purpose of Incorporation shall hold office until some other person is appointed in their place. If for any reason the position becomes vacant at any time the Committee shall within fourteen (14) days appoint another person resident in the Metropolitan City of Adelaide to fill the vacancy and cause notice thereof to be filed with the Registrar.
24. DISPOSAL OF FUNDS OF THE CLUB: If for any cause the Club shall cease to function or in the event of dissolution or winding up of the Club the funds shall be transferred to the South Australian Photographic Federation Incorporated or similar body having the same objects or if there be no such body existing then to such Charitable Organisation as the Committee or if there be none, as the last President, Secretary or Treasurer shall determine. The term “funds" in this rule shall, subject to any trusts applying to the same, include all property and assets held by or on behalf of the Club.
25. Alterations to this Constitution of which at least one month's notice in writing must be given shall be made only at the Annual General Meeting called for the purpose A Special General Meeting shall have the power only to deal with the subject matter for which it is called and shall be called by the President or upon a written requisition signed by seven financial members directed to the President. If the President fails for a period of fourteen (14) days from delivery of the requisition to call the meeting the members concerned may do so.
1. PRIVILIGES OF MEMBERSHIP: Unless otherwise provided by the Rules only financial members of the club shall be entitled to:
a) Vote in the election of the Committee.
b) Vote at any special or General Meeting of the Club.
c) Nominate candidates or be nominated for the Committee.
d) Represent the Club at any other Club.
e) Compete in any of the Club competitions pursuant to membership classifications.
f) Examine a copy of the Constitution and By-laws at the Club premises for the time being.
g) Any other privileges which may from time to time be extended by the Club to its members. PROVIDED nevertheless that Junior members shall not be entitled to the privileges set out in paragraph (a) to (d) inclusive until they attain the age of 16 years.
2. Any member who is unfinancial for a period of six (6) months from the due date for payment of membership fees shall forfeit their membership.
3. CONDUCT OF MEMBERS:
a) No member who is present during the judging of a competition shall make any sign, offer any comment, or ask any question which may tend to disclose or have the effect of disclosing the name of any competitor.
b) In all competitions the decision of the judge or judges appointed by the Committee shall be final and binding on all parties interested and no appeal or objection shall be taken by any member or competitor against his, her or their decision.
c) No members shall conduct themselves in an unseemly manner in the presence of any model, lecturer, demonstrator, guest artist or speaker or utter any slander or publish any libel or do any act or thing which may bring or be likely to bring the club into disrepute.
d) No member shall upon club premises photograph a nude model in any manner nor shall any member bring upon club premises or be in possession of any prints either of which shall offend the provisions of the Police Act. The provision of models by the Committee is for the express purpose of enabling members to create pictures of artistic merit and any abuse of this privilege will render the member concerned liable to expulsion.
e) No member under the age of 18 years shall be permitted to attend a meeting when models are posing in the nude.
a) The President. Vice President or Immediate Past President shall preside at all meetings of the Club or Committee in that order in the absence of one or more of them. In the absence of all three of them the members shall elect a Chairperson pro tern.
b) The Chairperson shall preserve order and endeavour to conduct all business before the meeting with due decorum and to a speedy and proper result.
c) The Chairperson shall be impartial in their conduct of the meeting and shall have a casting vote only. Should they desire to speak on any question they shall vacate the chair and appoint some qualified member to act in their stead.
d) It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep a faithful record of all proceedings at meetings of the Club including a record of members present.
e) It shall be the duty of each member of the Committee when any person who is not a member visits club premises to see that they are made welcome and given every encouragement, if acceptable, to become a member. No person who is not a member shall be present without the express permission of the presiding officer at any meeting of the club at which a model is posing in the nude.
5. No alteration to these By-laws shall be made except in the manner provided by Rule 25 for alterations to the Constitution.